2003 Romance Studies Colloquium
'Habitat'

call for papers

The 2003 Romance Studies Colloquium will take place from September 8th to
10th in the stunning parkland setting of Gregynog Hall (Powys, Wales).  The
colloquium will address the representation of habitat across the Romance
literatures.  Both the material and the abstract implications of habitat
will be considered.  Comparative and interdisciplinary approaches (painting,
architecture, film, photography, theory, cultural studies and media) are
actively encouraged.

HABITAT:  natural habitat and the built environment in literature, concepts
of lived space, rooms of their own, houses, tenements, palaces, shelters and
shacks, cellular dwelling, cyber-habitats, shared living and 'loft stories',
inhabiting the exotic, gendered space, furnishings, sofa stories and couch
fictions, Bourdieu and habitus, Asmodeus complex, the language we inhabit,
etc.
Proposals (max. one side of A4, in English) should be sent to:

Dr Susan Harrow
Department of French
University of Wales Swansea
Singleton Park
Swansea SA2 8PP
U.K.

or by email to [log in to unmask]

The deadline for proposals is September 10, 2002.

To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME
to: [log in to unmask]
To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies
to: [log in to unmask]
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html