Just had this email if anyone can help ....  please reply to him direct
unless you think others might be interested.

AND  thanks to all who helped with the Roman Carpet question .... it was
very useful ... especially Colin who sent a fine article.

David Connolly

Dear David,
My name is John Sharpe.  A friend just showed me your web site.  I'm an
archaeologist and will be graduating with a Master's Degree in Anthropology
next month.  My thesis topic is on the Viking expansion.  I was wondering if
you knew of any Viking Age excavations taking place in the UK this summer.
I will be traveling in England and Scandinavia this summer and would like to
volunteer on a Viking dig.  Thanks for your time and help.
John  [log in to unmask]