Message
There is an interesting Javascript calendar applet at http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/khagen/ that computes historical dates, listing each day's name in the old Roman dating system as well as identifying the various feast days for the Western Churches/Roman Catholic/Anglican/Sarum Use/Church of England/U.S. Episcopal/Eastern Orthodox calendars. It *seems* to take into account not only the Julian conversion (you can set what country's reckoning to start the Gregorian calendar from) but also when particular saints entered the liturgical calendars. I'd love to see what anyone here thinks of it, but as an author who easily gets confused by medieval/Renaissance dating and timekeeping (for instance, I am STRUGGLING like crazy with the question of whether Milan's hours in the Renaissance were standard "Italian" hours, or what, and whether, for instance, Easter starts at the beginning of the relevant Italian "day", i.e. 8 p.m. the night before in modern reckoning, or how exactly this all works...but that's another issue! Darned Italian Renaissance people!) I personally find it a wonderful convenience.

Just a FYI.

--Sarah Roark