Some other titles:

                            Death, ecstasy, and other worldly journeys /
edited by John J. Collins, Michael
                            Fishbane.

               Publisher
                            Albany : State University of New York Press, c1995.

ord
               Author
                        Young, Karl, 1879-1943.

               Title
                        The harrowing of hell in liturgical drama. By Karl
Young.

               Subjects
                        Drama, Medieval
                        Catholic church. Liturgy and ritual.

               In
                        c2as Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts and
Letters. Transactions. Madison, Wis.,
                        1910. v.16, pt.2, p.[889]-947

                            Schmidt, Gary D.

               Title
                            The iconography of the Mouth of hell :
eighth-century Britain to the fifteenth century
                            / Gary D. Schmidt.

               Publisher
                            Selinsgrove, Pa. : Susquehanna University Press
; Cranbury, NJ : Associated
                            University Presses, c1995.

                             Gardiner, Eileen.

               Title
                             Medieval visions of heaven and hell : a
sourcebook / by Eileen Gardiner.

               Publisher
                             New York : Garland, 1993.

Tom Izbicki

At 05:46 PM 2/11/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture
>
>May be the book
>Jaques Le Goff; La Naissance du Purgatoire. Paris 1981 (german: Die Geburt
>des Fegefeuers. Vom Wandel des Weltbildes im Mittelater. Stuttgart
>1984/München 1990) help.
>
>Uwe Weigand
>
> > --- Marjorie Greene <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> > > medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval
> > > religion and culture
> > >
> > > Doctissimi,
> > > I forward a question in hopes that you will provide
> > > answers, which, if forthcoming, will be forwarded to
> > > the Curious One.
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > > MG

> > > or

>To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME
>to: [log in to unmask]
>To send a message to the list, address it to:
>To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion
>to: [log in to unmask]
>In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to:
>For further information, visit our web site:
>http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html

Thomas M. Izbicki
Collection Development Coordinator
Eisenhower Library