And why are the European sociologists not prepared to censure the sacking on
the PCBS - this does not necessarily imply adopting a one-sided stance (as
if incidentally when the situation is clearly one-sided that is an untenable
position) - it implies demonstrating concern at a very specific piece of
state vandalism.

I am sure our Palestinian colleagues can speak for themselves but I for one
hope that we shall hear more voices from colleagues in Europe and elsewhere
(Jewish, Christian and Muslim) supporting the idea of a protest by members
of ESA (if not the organisation itself). I am sure the late and much
lamented Pierre Bourdieu would have taken a clearer and stronger position.

david seddon