Dear everyone,

I am writing a book in which I will be using pictures from very old books,
from the mid 1850's to early 1920's, about, of course, dead popes. Now, I
want to use some of these pictures in my book but the publisher is long gone
from many of them,
I seem to remember some kind of copywrite law that says that if a book is
printed before a certain year there is no copywrite fee. Does anyone know if
that's true, and since many of you have written and published books with old
pictures, I was hoping someone could help me out here.

Thanks in advance,
and feel free to email me offline,

Wendy Reardon

to: [log in to unmask]