>later known as "Saint-Maur-des-Fosses," one of several very important
>Parisianesque houses which have disappeared more or less without a physical
trace (thereby depriving us of, among other things, any detailed knowledge
of
what the "indigenous" "Romanesque"/Early "Gothic" architecture of the
Parisian basin actually looked like).

There is, apparently, one of the several municipal museums in Paris up in
the now industrial suburb still named after the abbey of St- Maur- des-
Fosses which contains a few archeological and art objects from that
important medieval abbey. I've not gotten there yet.
jw

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]