I reread all of Larkin and Hardy's selected just recently. Loved Larkin -- he was surely a great poet. Din't care for Hardy, except for "Drummer Hodge," "1967" and maybe 2 others.

PN

-----Original Message-----
From: Douglas Clark [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, September 06, 2002 11:02 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: academic poetry (& thanks to Mairead Byrne)

I have thought that for years about WCW and Hardy. As for Larkin
I am thinking about re-reading him as he is occupying more of
my imaginative life nowadays.

And I must report that my liver was clear at the hospital
this morning so I am back on the drink.

Douglas Clark, Bath, England           mailto: [log in to unmask]
Lynx: Poetry from Bath  ..........  http://www.bath.ac.uk/~exxdgdc/lynx.html