A friend of mine, Kurt Brown, edited two anthologies that may be
of interest--

Verse & Universe: Poems about Science and Mathematics
http://www.milkweed.org/4_catalog/4_1_3_4075.html

The Measured Word : On Poetry and Science
by Kurt Brown (Editor), Albert Goldbarth (Introduction)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0820322873/qid=1010873270/sr=1-6/ref=sr

_1_10_7/102-5887910-7966532
This is a collection of essays by Forrest Gander, Pattiann Rogers,
Alice Fulton, Miroslav Holub, Jonothan Holden, etc.

As an aside, it seems to me the Sokal hoax was
just an aggressive form of skepticism...and it was
successful in calling into question the ingrown and
jargon-mongering nature of critical theory...pointing
to ways it easily goes awry. (I'll stay away from the
political agenda.) The point of any hoax is that those
who should know better are fooled. It generally results
in a stepping back, some shaking of heads, and taking
a good look around....which is healthy now and again.
I don't think of it as bad faith.

We quote each other all the time. There are whole
anthologies of quotes. Something in me wants to say
that each sentence should stand alone, unassailable.
But even the greatest thinkers err or let their tongues do
their thinking, at times. If Baudrillard is correct in his
notions then he can't be harmed by Sokal's skepticism.
If he is being imprecise, then he's been called upon it.
Concepts from science are stretched, grafted onto, or
used sloppily in many disciplines (philosophy and poetry,
notably). It happens innocently, through ignorance
(this word should not be taken as necessarily perjorative
because  how could any person outside of astrophysics
or neuroscience, say, really understand the details and
full background of much of what the science entails)
and purposefully. The last use is tricky for the poet.
Because he/she may disregard accuracy in favor of other ends
(metaphor, music, etc.) in the composing of the poem; or it may
fit his/her purpose to stretch the "truth"...the supreme fiction.
Science, and any other form or field based on purported fact or
truth, may be twisted by the will or whim of the poet.
Finnegan