cris

this is the time for me to wrangle out some issues with you. For a start,
what on earth does an ugly phrase like 'performative practises' actually
mean? I have no problems with the existence of performance art, I went to an
installation a few weeks back and really enjoyed it, but it's not the same
as 'poetry'. This ragged and beleaguered art attempts to bridge the void,
and make something that will last, performance pieces are not reproducible,
and therefore limited to their occasions.

Despite all the despight, the virtue of poetry lies in its written form,
literacy matters, it can be carried around from one to another, I have no
apology for taking that stance.

Best

Dave

David Bircumshaw