> critics often lack the vocabulary to thoughtfully and articulately engage with these
> very same works. Therefore they often give these works scant attention and quickly move on
> to something that is fundamentally visual or sculptural based.

The same happens for most interactive art.

> However I do get the sense that there is an increasing awareness of the importance of
> sound art

When dealing with sound art that incorporates a computer and a network
of computers it is hard to speak of it as only sound art though.

So a new criticism and different view of both art and sound art is in
order, like I believe Beryl Graham suggested too in her intro. We need
critics that can experience instead of just observe.

greetings,

*