Christopher Crockett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>though a good source, Caesarius is a bit too early for my question.

"470-71, died at Arles, 27 August, 543"

sorry, i must have been thinking of someone else (Ireneus? probably a totally
different guy, but all those saints look alike, to me).

obviously C. is a very good source for the beginning of the period i'm
interested in.

down there in well-settled, thoroughly Romanized Gallia Narbonensis, too.
if there were still "superstitions" rampant in *that* region at that
time, what can we say for the more marginal areas of Gaul at the same time, or
later?

thanks, George, for the tip.

christopher

to: [log in to unmask]