* Cross-posted on Ansax, Chaucer, mediev-l,  medieval religion, medfem, medgay,
medtextl lists.  Feel free to post in other appropriate forums.*

 THINGS IN GENERAL: OBJECTS, FACTS, AND MATERIALITY IN MEDIEVAL CULTURE

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~lhc/NEMC2001.html

Please join us at Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire, on Oct. 13-14, for
this year's New England Medieval Conference.  Panels are titled:

*Theories of Thingness, Medieval and Modern
*Things as Signs and Signs as Things: Of Diverse Arts
*Counting, measuring, ordering, organizing:  The rationality of things
* The Social Life of Things, I: Personal Possessions and Wills
* The Social Life of Things, II: Objects of Devotion

The speakers (in alphabetical order):
George Dameron, Stephen Harris, Amy Hollywood, Martha Howell, Joel Kaye, Sharon
Kinoshita, Thomas Forrest Kelly, Andrew Morris, Adrian Randolph, Jeffrey Rider,
Sarah Stanbury, and Angela Jane Weisl.

For the full program and registration information, please visit
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~lhc/NEMC2001.html

OR

personalweb.smcvt.edu/nemc

Keep in mind that mid-October is a very nice time to visit New Hampshire.

For any further questions, e-mail me ([log in to unmask]) or

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]