I've been asked by a number of clinicians about the frequency of B12 injections in patients with PA.  The current UK consensus appears to be injections every 3 months.  However, I've found one guideline (Canadian) that states every month.

I hear the usual story from the clinicians - "we give injections every 3 months but the patients come back before 3 months is up asking for new injections".

I've looked at the literature and can find very little 'evidence' to support either position.  I suppose a couple of questions:

1)  Anyone got any 'evidence'?

2)  Has anyone else come across this problem?

I hope you can help - it's starting to 'bug' me!

jon

Jon Brassey
TRIP, Support Manager
Director, ATTRACT Wales