I agree.  I visited England in 1996, and most of my trip was pleasant, even
though,  because of my various health problems, it was physically taxing to go
around and see the sights.  At the Ashmolean in Oxford, however, I was
standing rather unsteadily, leaning partly on my cane and partly on the wall,
and placidly looking at an exhibit, when a group of kindergarten children came
running into the bay where I was.   The kids were loud and racketty, and I was
afraid one of them would bump into me, but I did my best to ignore them, even
though several of them were more interested in me than in the exhibit.

The teacher said disapprovingly, "This will never do" -- and I thought she was
about to tell the children to stop bothering me.  Instead, to my shock, she
spoke to the guard, and the guard came and said I would have to leave because
my presence was distracting for the children.

I hadn't spoken to the children, or said or done a thing except to have the
bad luck to be there when they suddenly descended upon me.   The guard said
that the museum existed for educational purposes and that therefore school
groups had priority over all other visitors, but I still think it was unfair.

--
Meredith Dixon <[log in to unmask]>
Check out *Raven Days*: http://www.ravendays.org