Actually 1113 is, I think,  the date of the founding of the order by Gerard Tenque, for the care of the sick and wounded in Jerusalem.  They didn't start fighting until the Second Crusade, as I recall.  It's the oldest of the orders (by about 5 years).  They are now the Knights of Malta.
TGD

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]