Dear List members,

I am looking for help concerning a medieval dating which I found in sources
dating from 1321. There, it says "par devers Saint Jaque". In another source
it says "vers la Saint-Jean". The dates must be somewhere in June or July
but it is rather important  for me to know when exactly.

Does anyone happen to know whether I am right here
to assume that Saint Jaque and Saint John both mean John the Baptiste, which
then would have been (I think!) June 26th 1321.

Another dating problem for me is "Pasques flories". Does that mean Whitsun
Monday and does anyone know on which date this would have been in 1321 ?

As I am not too good at using the Grotefend and my final deadline is coming
closer and closer, any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers and Best wishes from Germany, Yours Silke Thonemann

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]