Joseph Elders says: -
As a curator,
I see reports of staggeringly low quality from these outfits with the magic
words "all work adhered to the guidelines of the Institute of Field
Archaeologists". Presumably the IFA checks the work of the units they give
this status to?  If they don't, well thats not very good is it, and if they
do, why do they allow such shoddy work to pass?

This is the point I was trying to make. Do you, are you able to, reject
these reports of low quality?

I work as a freelance and did not join to increase my chances of getting a
job and am past caring about career structures.

Jenny