Dear Neha Bandari

Thank you for your enquiry. We are very interested to know of your project
and will be happy to give you any help we can. There is a lot of information
about RK in our Library here in London, and there are the 296 back numbers
of our Journal going back to 1927 which should be a useful source of
information. So that you can use the Journal Index and see the catalogue of
our Library, I am enabling you for access to the Members Only  area of our
web-site at www.kipling.org.uk with username neha password bandari. There is
a lot of information about the Society on the site.

I am afraid that there are no direct descendants of Rudyard Kipling, or
indeed of his father Lockwood Kipling, since Rudyard's only sister died
childless, and of Rudyard's three children one died in childhood, and one as
the age of 18 as an officer on the Western Front in the Great War. One
daughter, Mrs Bambridge, survived him, but she too died childless.  There
are, though, a number of descendants of the Macdonald family, through
Rudyard Kipling's mother's family.

If there are specific questions you wish to pursue relating to Kipling's
life in India you may well find it helpful to join our Mailbase on-line
discussion forum, which has some 90 members. Joining it is very simple, and
there are instructions on what to do on our web-site.

May I also commend Andrew Lycett's biography of RK, published in 1999, Meryl
Macdonald's recent book, 'The Long Trail', Philip Mason's 'The Glass, the
Shadow, and the Fire', the biographies by Charles Carrington (Rudyard
Kipling, his Life and Work) and Angus Wilson (The Strange Ride of Rudyard
Kipling) and 'The Quest for Kim' by Peter Hopkirk.

I am copying this note to the Kipling Mailbase so as to alert people to your
project. It would be helpful to know what timescale you are working to, and
how many programmes you are making.

All good wishes, John Radcliffe, Electronic Editor, the Kipling Society