I have been asked to circulate the following to the list by exeGesIS.

Martin Newman
SMR Forum List Owner

        Temporary HBSMR licences for Contractors and Project work

        Due to an increased number of clients requesting temporary licences
for contractors, or short project work, the following monthly rates have
been calculated to allow 'rental' of licences on a temporary basis.

        Core Software

        HBSMR Text database only                £86.00 per month

        Additional modules

        GIS Module (MapInfo)                    £59.00 per month
        GIS Module (ArcView)                    £76.00 per month
        Consultations module                    £40.00 per month
        Photolibrary                            £31.00 per month

        On receipt of an order we will supply a rental licence file to be
installed with the rental copy.  All other software should be transferred to
the contractor or project team by the existing HBSMR client.  There will be
a minimum rental period of three months.  All charges will be payable in
advance.

        Upgrade Option

        At any time after 3 months, whilst the monthly contract is still in
effect, the licence may be converted to a full permanent licence.  Rental
periods over 3 months will build up a discount for a full copy purchase.
The discount will be 70% of the monthly payment and may be used to discount
the purchase of an identical HBSMR licence.  The first 3 months rental will
not count towards any discount.

        Every month after the first 3 will provide using the following
formula  Cost of licence - ((No.of months paid - 3) * (monthly rate *
0.7)).

        ie if a client had already paid for an 8 month contract licence and
wanted to convert to a full database, they would have to pay

        1280 - ((8-3) x (86 x 0.7))
        1280 - (5 x 60.20)
        1280 - 301                   = £979  to convert to a full licence

        For further information you can contact me on 01874 711145 or

        Amanda Bodilly