I've a list of Roman stone mortaria (Purbeck limestone only !) at
http://www.stx69.demon.co.uk/pur-mortar.html

About 15 out of 57 are seriously ill-documented and I'd be very grateful
if anyone could help me to find a decent reference to a publication, or a
museum location, for any of them !

There are of course lots of others made of other limestone, sandstone,
gritstone, ... and lots of mediaeval ones.

Regards
John

John Palmer
4 Horyford Close, Preston, Weymouth DT3 6DJ, England
telephone: +44 1305 832240 office, 835410 domestic (same address)
e-mail:  [log in to unmask] (plain text preferred)
website: http://www.stx69.demon.co.uk/