Dear Bonnie,

I've recently heard about another error you may want to correct.   One of
my colleagues (who's been regularly singing the praises of your work)
mentioned his surprise that the entry for May 3 says the fox in Chaucer's
tale killed Chauntecleer on this day, instead of recognizing that
Chauntecleer finally managed to outsmart the fox and escape).

Sherry Reames (English Dept., U. Wisconsin, Madison)