Dear friends,

Please could you forward this questionnaire to any teachers you may know of through your work in development education.

I am writing to request your assistance with a research study designed to facilitate the development of new educational materials and broadcasts for schools. These new materials are intended to help bring global issues into the classroom in a form which is useful for teachers and is relevant to curriculum and subject areas.

I would like to ask you to spend a few minutes filling in the questionnaire which is pasted below. It has been produced on behalf of the International Broadcasting Trust, an educational charity set up and sponsored by numerous development and environmental agencies, educational bodies, churches and human rights organisations to raise public awareness about global issues relating to development, the environment and human rights.

The short questionnaire is designed to evaluate teacher demand for new media resources and to identify new areas for educational broadcasting.

We would like to know what kinds of technology you use and which formats are most appropriate to your needs.

Please circulate this questionnaire to as many teachers as possible in your school and e-mail your responses as soon as possible to [log in to unmask]. I know this is short notice, but responses are needed by the 17th January.

Thank you so much for your time and assistance. I hope we will be able to provide you with the materials that best suit your needs in the future.

If you do have any questions or require further information please do contact Ceri Dingle on

020 8985 5435.

Best wishes

Ceri Dingle

Research Assistant

IBT International Broadcasting Trust-Survey

Global Awareness and New Media-Identifying Teacher’s Needs for Years 7-11

Please do forward this brief one page survey to all appropriate departments, and teachers.

Your subject area/s: Years taught:

Key Stages: Exam board-syllabus used:

Which of the following formats do you find most useful in the classroom?

Please number these 1-4 according to how useful they are to you as a teaching resource.

1 = not useful, 4 = very useful

Please add any comments you have on using these and/or the availability of these technologies in your school.

    Comments:

    Comments:

    Comments:

    Comments:

    Comments:

    Comments:

    Comments:

    Comments:

Do your students have computer access during your lessons?

Do your students have Internet access during your lessons?

Do your students use a computer or IT room to prepare for your lessons?

Is computer linked preparation at home or in school?

How often do you use video recordings of educational broadcasts during lessons?

Which are you most likely to use, material which is (A) cross-curricula that is, it applies to many subject areas or material that is (B) subject specific:

Are there case studies, texts, issues or areas relevant to your subject, syllabus or curriculum requirements, which could usefully be given a global angle?

Please do indicate any ideas you may have and what format you would prefer them to be in.

Thank you so much for your help.

Please do email your completed survey to: [log in to unmask]

Or post or fax it to:

Ceri Dingle-IBT Research Study

WORLDwrite, Millfields Lodge, Millfields Road, London E5 0AR

Tel/Fax 020 8985 5435