Forwarded by request. Enquiries to Joanna Tait <[log in to unmask]>
please.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: permission
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 18:37:42 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

I wonder if you feel it is appropriate to use your list for the
following message aimed, primarily, at educational developers in
institutions that have their own courses but may want to supplement
this, as briefly described in the message.

 If you feel that your members might be interested in the course, please
go ahead and post the message

many thanks

        Dear Colleagues

        with the usual apologies for information overload and duplication, we'd
like to draw your attention to a website about an Open University course
that may offer a ready solution to some specific educational / academic
development needs in your institution.

        If you are wondering how . . .

*       to support colleagues in your institution who want to develop and
accredit their teaching capabilities and knowledge but are unable to
attend your face-to-face provision because of timetabling or distance
problems

*       to encourage experienced lecturers or student support staff who
could benefit from updating and participating in conversations about
teaching but who are unwilling to join groups of inexperienced
'beginners'

        the information on this website
http://iet.open.ac.uk/courses/PGCTLHE/ may offer a useful approach. The
site is addressed to individuals, so you could amend this email and
forward it to anyone who might be interested.

        Please contact us (via [log in to unmask] 01908 653781) if you want to
know more about the excellent resources offered by the course or to
discuss the costs involved and the discount we are able to offer. The
11-month course at postgraduate level has been redesigned around the
materials produced by the Centre for Higher Education Practice and is
currently operated from  the Institute of Educational Technology (IET).
It continues to offer accreditation by SEDA and ILT while providing
structured assessments and small online tutor groups that encourage
successful completion within a realistic timeframe.

        with all good wishes

        Rhona Sharpe and Jo Tait

        Institute of Educational Technology
        The Open University
        Walton Hall
        MK7 6AA

        telephone 01908 659496

        http://iet.open.ac.uk/

Jo Tait
Lecturer in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education