on 6/2/01 11:02 AM, John Kinsella at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> of course i'm not saying that jill!!! the 'i see' is really not necessary.

But now that the article has gone international there are people out there
who may get the idea that Sydney belongs to one small group, or that the
only poets in Australia worth reading are in this or that anthology. It just
isn't so, John, and I'm sure everyone, including said 'group', would agree.
I would hope you do to. There are other things happening here and if it
doesn't see the light of day in the approved circles doesn't mean it isn't
happening or that it isn't influential or won't become influential.

I had no intention of entering this debate at all until this morning but I
would be concerned if people thought there was only one game in town.

best,
Jill

Jill Jones
50 Ruby Street