I'm trying to get a count of Listees with academic affiliations for Jiscmail
now that so many Poetryetc members use web mail instead of their
institutional e-addresses. As a result, it's no longer possible to sort out
the academics from the rest of the membership on the basis of e-address
alone, and Jiscmail is currently laboring under the misapprehension that
there are only 8 academics on this List.

Jiscmail is an academic arm of JANET, which is in turn affixed or affiliated
to UKERNA, and each must adhere to its assigned place in the Great Chain of
Being Organizational, I gather. Therefore, I'd appreciate it if Poetryetc
subscribers with academic affiliations (whether as faculty, staff, or
students) whose subscriptions are under a Hotmail or Yahoo or some other
noninstitutional e-address would back-channel me to say so. (No need to
identify your institution or give me that e-address, but only to tell me
that you have such an affiliation and only for the purpose of a headcount.)

I promise not to sell, swap, or barter this information to anyone who cares
whether you are an academic or not unless s/he offers me a great deal of
well-washed cash, in which case I'd propose to you that we split it.

Thanks,

Candice