Josephine said:

"Not that I'm an expert, of course, having only written three (poems) so
far."

Josephine, have you ever read Greece's greatest 20th century
poet, Constantine Cavafy? He's one of my own favorites. He has a poem titled
"The First Step," which begins with young Eumenes complaining to Theocritus
that he's been writing for two years and all he has to show for it is one
finished idyll. The poem ends with Theocritus saying to  Eumenes, "Coming as
far as this is not little; / what you have achieved is great glory."

I myself wish I'd written at least one truly good poem so far-- and, hey,
it's been, oh, thirty years for me!

Kent