Dear John,

I just wanted to let you know that I am already using your book in my
undergrad petrology class (20 students) -- Prentice Hall provided us with
xeroxes of the 1st ten chapters, and the actual book arrived yesterday.  I
am VERY pleased with it so far, and commend you on your efforts!
Interestingly, the book is very similar to my own lecture notes, and I have
had to modify notes only a little to coordinate with the book.  My existing
problem sets are also in line with the ones in the book, and I will
probably start switiching over to the ones in the book.

Congratulations on a great job!
Jane Selverstone

Jane Selverstone, Professor
Dept. of Earth & Planetary Sciences
Northrop Hall,  200 Yale Blvd. NE
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131-1116

505-277-6528  or  -4204;  505-277-8843 fax
http://epswww.unm.edu/facstaff/selver/home.htm