Dear All

Happy New year.

I am working on SHRIMPING (ion probe mass-spectrometry) the Himalayan
zircon having metamorphic overgrowth. During this I have come across some
of the zircons which have spongy texture. Can anybody give me some
references on that which explains the phenomenon.

Sandeep

Dr. Sandeep Singh
        (office)                                (residence)

BOYSCAST Fellow                              5/54, Melville Pde,
Centre for Global Meltallogeny               South Perth, WA, 6151
Department of Geology and Geophysics         Australia
University of Western Australia
Nedlands, Western Australia 6907        phone: +61 (08) 9368 4035 (res.)
AUSTRALIA

phone: +61 (08) 9380 2640 (off.)
Fax:    +61 (08) 9380 1178
e-mail: [log in to unmask]