Julie,
   Of course, one sees growth of curved carbonate multicrystals, such as
saddle-shaped dolomite or calcite or aragonite forming helictites in near-
surface environments.  I have seen para-amphibolites with large sprays of
randomly oriented actinolite or hornblende but not forming curved shapes.
If the crystals are small, I wonder if they could have grown around a
previous porphyroblast, say calcite or during retrogression of cpx.
Chlorite often forms rounded to curved sheaths when pseudomorphing garnet
or orthopyroxene.  What rock type and what assemblage do you have with this
feature, and is there any distinctive mineral in the cores of the circles?
Eric

Can any member of our group provide an explanation as to why