FW: [webra] Fwd: [rcgi] Goddess Temple

Hi, I haven't received emails from this list for a while, I had some trouble with my email and likely got lost somehow.  Ya'll may have already received this, if so, of course, disregard.  If not, read on...(brief synopsis: Temples apparently to Isis and Cybele have been uncovered in central Germany on the site of a planned shopping mall.  As is often the case, this sacred site is believed to be on top off an earlier celtic tomb and was then covered by a couple of layers of christian monastary/churches.  It's too true and sacrilegious to build the "modern" church, a shopping mall, over this site.  Folks are encouraged to write to the mayor of the city to protest destruction of these sacred sites.)

----------
From:   Pat Hogan[SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Reply To:       [log in to unmask]
Sent:   Wednesday, February 14, 2001 1:06 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        [webra] Fwd: [rcgi] Goddess Temple

>Dear Friends,
>
> The following letter came to the husband of one of the priestesses
>in our Iseum Musicum. He is an instructor at the local seminary. As
>you wade through the letter, you'll find that temples to Isis and
>Cybele have been uncovered in Mainz, Germany. This is the first
>proof of these goddess' worship in Central Europe. The temples were
>found when the city started  building a mall. Please FAX a letter to
>the mayor of Mainz protesting the building of the mall. Use whatever
>academic or religious credentials you have and say that this is a
>sacred site that you wish to visit in the future. The mayor's FAX
>number is: 011-49-6131-22626. Hurry!
>
>Thanks,
>
>Kay Gardner, Priestess of Isis
>Iseum Musicum/Temple of the Feminine Divine
>Bangor, Maine

Pat Hogan/Sounds & Furies Productions
PO Box 21510, 1850 Commercial Dr Vancouver BC Canada V5N 4A0
Ph: 604-253-7189, Fax: 604-253-2191  Email: [log in to unmask]
http://www.soundsandfuries.com  (a work in progress)

"producing concerts and special events since 1990"

Friday Feb 16:  'IT'S A GIRL THING' Concert, 8 PM, at VECC, 1895
Venables St, Vancouver, with SONIA from disappear fear,Baltimore MD,
REBECCA RIOTS, Berkeley, CA and local Grrrls with Guitars  -- Nadine
Davenport, Shelley Lennox, and Linda McRae.   Co-produced by Sounds &
Furies and Nada Problem Bookings.  $18 tickets at Ticketmaster, Urban
Empire, 1108 Commercial Drive, Little Sisters,1238 Davie

2001 Women's Magical Journeys
Oct 15-28 2001
GREECE--Athens, Aegina, Santorini, Crete
January 28 - February 6, 2002  Big Island of Hawaii
late May 2002 -  Ireland with Starhawk.

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/_/_/982184699/