At 11:44 PM 12/25/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Leah Rutchick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >...my new version of Eudora (the one with those chili peppers to advise of
>"flaming" messages--Richard,why have all of your messages rated three
>chilies??)

i think it's becauses of the use of words like antichrist (when i write it,
i get two chilis).  i've often wondered why.  i think the system was built
for non-academic discussions and assumes that when you speak of antichrist
(got my third) and the like, you mean it.  i think you'll note that all the
postings about and deriving from andrew gow's article have three chilis.

richard