..

>* the Precious Blood - an office 'of the Blood of Christ' was conceded
>to the archdiocese of Valencia in 1582; two years ago, Charles Merrill
>asked:
>
>"Was the office of the Precious Blood conceded to the Archdiocese of
>Valencia because the Holy Grail is in the Valencia Cathedral?"
>
>Can anyone answer this interesting question?

I can't answer the question but it is probable.  I can say that there is a
very beautiful cup on display in the Valencia Cathedral that they claim is
the Holy Grail.  It is a main tourist attraction and you can buy post cards
and everything.  This would probably please Wagner, who put the grail castle
up the coast at Montserrat (in Parsifal).  Or maybe that's why he did it.
For chauvinists, however, similar claims have sometimes been made for the
Antioch cup on display right here in New York, at the cloisters.

Jo Ann