Dear industrial ecology mailing list,

I am writing this e-mail to you for your advice and instruction. It is my plan to do postgraduate research in Ph.D. program for the spring semester of 2001.
After I graduated from Ajou University in February 1999 with a B.S. degree in Environmental Engineering, I continued to study in the same field at the graduate school but focused on Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of a product, Environmental Accounting and Ecodesign.
While in graduate school, I was assigned as a research assistant under the supervision of Dr. Kun Lee who is the convener of ISO Design for Environment (DfE, TC207/WG3).
With him, I carried on some research in LCA and acquired a strong academic and practical background in that field. I am conducting a research on “Mid- and long-term vision establishment for the development and dissemination of cleaner production technology in electronics industry” and preparing my MS thesis on “Integrating Marketing concept into ecodesign method”
I will receive an M.S. degree in February 2001. Through conducting some research, I came to know that RMIT Center for Design is the best place for me to obtain a Ph.D. degree in my proposed field. I have heard that RMIT has a fine reputation for outstanding programs in Ecodesign, excellent research facilities.
I didn’t have TOEFL score, but I took the other English test (TOEIC; Test of English for International Communication) scored 810, which can be approximately converted TOEFL 550 score. And I will take the TOEFL test on October. I’m sure I got more than 550 score.
As I am proficient in English, I will not have any trouble pursuing postgraduate research.
I am especially interested in practical information system integrating environmental performance, cost and market value information into ecodesign method by using LCA, Environmental Accounting and Benchmarking procedure.
I am looking for Ph.D. program with research assistanceship. I have not enough money to pay the tuition and living cost, so I want scholarship.
Thanks for your kind attention this. I would deeply appreciate your advice and instruction regarding my plan of study.

For your reference, please visit my web site: http://www.eco-shop.org <http://www.eco-shop.org/>

Sincerely yours,

Sangsun Ha.

eco-shop.org
Name:       Sangsun Ha,
Address:    Dept. Environmental Engineering, Ajou University,
              5, Wonchundong, Paldalku, Suwonsi, Kyungdido,
              Republic of Korea.
Phone:       +82 331-219-2409
Fax:          +82 331-215-5145
Email:         mailto:[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Homepage:   http://www.eco-shop.org/ <http://www.eco-shop.org/>