	Bob Sydes raised the issue of providing physical access to an SMR as
part of a Lottery bid:

	"SS4 1BW One of the prerequisites for lottery funding is the
adoption of a public access policy and the provision of a desk and terminal
for public use.

	Actually, the framework document states that access can be at the
SMR office or other local authority premises. We are aiming to provide
access in our own office and also through our Record Office.  Would that be
an option for you Bob? Fortunately we were able to tackle some of the
confidentiality issue by creating separate office space for the SMR in a
recent reorganisation.

	Paul Gilman
	Heritage Information and Records Manager
	Essex County Council