There is one thing that really irritates me  in Environmental discussions.
It seems that there is always this ridiculous tendency to take the subject
to the sphere of mysticism,  cheap emotionalism and old cliches. This is one
of the things that really ruined the Forum of NGO's during the "Earth
Summit" in 1992 and has been creating a very bad image for serious
environmentalists. Let's keep to the point please. As someone said before
this is an industrial-ecology list. With all my respect, I think that  those
who want to discuss the relationship between environment and religion, new
age stuff, the existence of flying saucers and so on and on, should   create
their own list. Get real! We are not in the 70s any more and repeating
enlightened words that were  copied from some book, does not make anyone as
enlightened as the author's of the nice words.  We need ideas that would
bring concrete  solutions for environmental and social problems (and fast),
not middle-class bulshitism.  Environmental problems are not simple problems
that can be summarized in old fashion slogans. It is not longer a case of
Reds against Blues.

Apologies for being so straightforward.

By the way, I am starting a research on solutions for the Environmental
impacts caused by air traffic. (noise, energy waste, etc)  I would be
grateful if anyone could share some information with me.

Thanks