Dr. Werner Robl, Kaiser-Karl-Str. 2, 92660 Neustadt/WN

On searching "Peter Abelard" on Internet, I found this discussion group, changing many articles and comments about Peter Abelard. So my webpages about Peter Abelard - although in German language - may be of interest for some of you: www.abaelard.de. The pages are "online" since two years and in the meantime they grow continuously. They contain a lot of material about Abelard and Heloise, including some German translations of their works. As they are not revised, the translations may still contain some errors. Actually I'm working on a review of the Paraclete monastery at Nogent-sur-Seine and a German translation of Ewald Könsgens "Ex epistulis duorum amantium", excerpts of love letters, transcribed in the 16th century and nowadays strongly considered as the authentic early love letters of Heloise and Abelard (Constant Mews, 1999).

I'm a private person, living in the northern part of Bavaria called Oberpfalz (so I'm a real "Palatinus") and working as a physician in a hospital. Neither I'm a member of a University or another scientific institute nor do I follow any commercial interests. My hobby is translating Latin (classic or medieval) and the French 12th century. The only purpose of my online-activity is: to get Peter Abelard and Heloise alive. Many people asked me to present my webpages in English (or French), but my English is terrible and so I'm waiting for some people, who help with a translation.

I would be glad about comments, criticism, proposals and material of texts, pictures etc.

Dr. Werner Robl