At 09:42 AM 3/26/00 PST, you wrote:

>I found very interesting the subject of your researches. I`m writing a
>thesis about the christianization of Anglo Saxon by Augustine of Canterbury.
>Can you suggest me something about relationships between the coming
>christianity and pagan survivals in that region in the Augustine`s time?
>such as some bibliography, ideas...?
>
>Thank you very much
>
>Conti Fabrizio

Fabrizio-
_
If I am not mistaken, the libellus you have in mind is contained in Bk. 1,
chapter 27 of Bede's Ecclesiastical History.  Here are a few suggestions
for your bibliography - I don't know if they are exactly what you need:

Angenendt, Arnold. "The conversion of the Anglo-Saxons considered against
the background of the early medieval mission." In Angli e Sassoni al di qua
ed al di là del mare, 747-781. SSAM 28. Spoleto, 1982.*

Barley, M. W. and R. P. C. Hanson. Christianity in Britain 300-700.
Leicester, 1968.*

Bassett, Steven. "Church and diocese in the West Midlands: The transition
from British to Anglo-Saxon control." In Blair and Sharpe, Pastoral Care,
13-40.*

Campbell, James. "Observations on the conversion of England." In Essays in
Anglo-Saxon History, 69 -    . London, 1986.

Chaney, William A. "Paganism to Christianity in Anglo-Saxon England, "
Harvard Theological Review 53 (1960) 197-217.

Magoun, Francis P., Jr. "On some survivals of pagan beliefs in Anglo-Saxon
England," Harvard Theological Review 40 (1947) 33-46.

Markus, Robert A. "Gregory the Great and a papal missionary strategy." In
Cuming, The Mission of the Church and the Propoagation of the Faith , 29-38.

Mayr-Hartig, Henry. The Coming of Christianity to Anglo-Saxon England. 3rd
ed. London, 1991.

Richter, Michael. "Practical aspects of the conversion of the
Anglo-Saxons." In Ni Chathain, Proinséas  and Michael Richter, eds. Irland
und die Christenheit. Stuttgart, 1987; 362-376.

Wilson, David. Ango-Saxon Paganism. London and New York, 1992.

Wormwald,  Patrick. ed., Idea and Reality in Frankish and Anglo-Saxon
Society. Oxford, 1981.

Bernadette