> From:	Bill East [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
>
> ANGUS OF KELD, bishop and abbot (about 824)
>
> Angus, surnamed Kel-Dhu, a man of great love and fervour in the service
> of God, was born in Ireland in the eighth century . . .

	I believe this is Oengus of the Ce/li De/--anglicized Culdee. This
is not a surname; a Ce/li De/ was a member of a monastic reform movement
that emphasized asceticism and learning. Oengus did compose a metric
martyrology which was very popular in medieval times, based on the number of
copies that have survived and the many comments, corrections, and additions
noted in the margins. Other works contain colophons attributing them to
Oengus, but these were generally written much after his time.

	Francine Nicholson