Hi, Marijim. I'm afraid the Gresford Te Deum is 75% Victorian
reconstruction. I don't have sufficiently detailed slides of it but I've
trawled through Mostyn Lewis's description (in Stained Glass in North Wales
up to 1850, Altrincham: John Sherratt and Son, 1970) and I can't find a
pipe organ anywhere. I also had a quick scamper through the rest of Lewis.
There's another fragmentary Te Deum window at Hope (Flints) - angels with
lutes, harps and pipes but no pipe organ! Also (according to Lewis, who is
helpful but not always totally reliable) a male figure playing a zither and
a nose with a brass instrument.

I have a vague feeling that one of the angels on the roof at Llangollen has
something like a pipe organ - will check when I get home, if you like.

Maddy

Dr Madeleine Gray
Department of Humanities and Science
UWCN

'Reading is sometimes an ingenious device for avoiding thought'