-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Anna Manghetti <[log in to unmask]>
A: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>; Mail Delivery Subsystem <[log in to unmask]>
Data: martedì 29 febbraio 2000 16.03
Oggetto: I: Valuation of an Internet Brokerage Company

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Anna Manghetti <[log in to unmask]>
A: >
Data: MARTEDI' 29 febbraio 2000 10.44
Oggetto: R: Valuation of an Internet Brokerage Company

Dear All,
 I refer to my previous message dated 28 February,  last concerning the valuation of an Internet Brokerage Company. I'm not sure I have been clear enough about the problem.
In the  Valuation of New Economy Companies (as Internet Companies),  traditional models (Discounted Cash Flow models or Multiples Models) do not explain actual market capitalization and therefore i'm trying to find out if there is any alternative way to assess Equity in this kind of companies. I have been told that real options models, in particular binomial models, could be applied to this kind of valuation. What do you think ?  Morover, even binomial models could be the right ones,  I have no idea how to apply these models to my valuation and how to structure the " turning points" in the binomial models.

If you wish to read something related to real option theory I enclose herewith the address of Internet Site of Mr Damodaran, a Finance Professor who has written some essays in relation to Real Options
applied to Company Valuations:

http://www.stern.nyu.edu/~adamodar/New_ Home_Page/Lectures

In particular, if you wish,  you can read the following papaer:

Application of Option Pricing Theory to Equity Valuation by A Damodaravan

Have you any idea of other methods which could be applicable to this case?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Anna Manghetti