Dear colleagues!
We should recollect what the term "ZOOLOGY" means. The zoology is the
science about an animal! About ANY animals - from bacteria up to the
elephants. As opposed to BOTANY - science about any plants. I can tell
it to you as the biologist. Thus, the term "archaeozoology" in my
opinion should mean research of ANY zoological remains from a site which
has appeared as result of human activity in those periods of a history,
which are archaeological investigated.
Therefore, it are important and productive to researche the rests of
insects, and shells, and fishes, and birds, certainly. (For example
researches of settlements of " Culture of a shell's heaps " on Far East
and Japan is impossible without arhaeozoological research of shells of
molluscs!)
If the human did not participate in formation this taphocenosis,
PALAEOZOOLOGY engages a study of such animal remains.
In my opinion it is not necessary to think, that the research of some
one groups animal from archaeological monuments is less important than
another.
I consider, that it would be possible to use the general term
ARCHAEOBIOLOGY.

Sincerely   Alexey Kasparov.