Dear SPMers,

I am working on validation of SPECT/MRI Registration algorithms and I try to simulate realistic HMPAO SPECT data from an MRI data set (using Monte Carlo simulation).

Concerning anatomy, I think I will use the Zubal phantom which provides a fine MRI T1 data set and the same data set anatomically labeled.

Nevertheless, to simulate realistic SPECT data I need a model of HMPAO perfusion (in uCi/cm3 for the simulation software), and I would like to use SPM Spect Template to build this model.

Although only the relative distribution of HMPAO-Tc activity is important for the model, to initialize "realistic" absolute values I have to convert grey levels of the SPM Spect template in uCi/cm3. That's why I would like to know what was the dose of Tc-HMPAO injected in the 22 subjects used to construct this template. Can anybody help me ??

Moreover, I have to fill labeled segments identified in MRI phantom (nucleus, temporal lobes, ...) with activity values found in the SPM SPECT template. So I have to use spatial normalisation of Zubal MRI data set on SPM T1 template. Is it then possible for each voxel of one labeled structure (e.g. Thalamus, ...) to obtain its coordinates in the T1 or SPECT SPM template. Actually I have to use information saved in *sn3d.mat file without using Write Normalized option (because grey levels of the volume to normalize identify the different anatomic labels).

I hope someone could help me, thanks in advance

    Best regards,

            Christophe GROVA

PS : all remarks or suggestions are wellcome.

Christophe GROVA
Laboratoire SIM, faculte de Medecine,
Université de Rennes 1

tel : 02 99 33 68 63