Probably worth pointing out that normal people really are somewhat asymmetric in
quantitative measures of flow and metabolism (small but consistent differences). I'm
not the expert on it but I know there have been studies at least as far back as the
ref below.

Perlmutter JS, Powers WJ, Herscovitch P, Fox PT, Raichle ME
Regional asymmetries of cerebral blood flow, blood volume, and oxygen utilization and
extraction in normal subjects.
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 1987 Feb;7(1):64-7
        Part of abstract:
... 32 right-handed subjects at rest. Mean left hemispheric CBF (46.2 +/- 6.8 ml/100
g/min) and CMRO2 (2.60 +/- 0.59 ml/100 g/min) were significantly lower than right
hemispheric values (47.4 +/- 7.2 and 2.66 +/- 0.61 ml/100 g/min, respectively; p less
than 0.0001 for both), whereas left and right hemispheric CBV and oxygen extraction
were not significantly different. We further investigated these asymmetries by
comparing left- and right-sided values for specific cortical and subcortical regions.
We found that left-sided CBF and CMRO2 were significantly lower than right-sided
values for sensorimotor, occipital, and superior temporal regions, whereas only
left-sided CBF values were lower for anterior cingulum. CBV was asymmetric for the
anterior cingulate and mid-frontal regions, and oxygen extraction was asymmetric for
the sensorimotor area. No asymmetries were observed in inferior parietal cortex,
thalamus, putamen, or pallidum. ...

Kevin