Dear SPMers,

I'm using SPM99 for PET analyses.  My raw PET scans are VERY
different from each other in terms of their translations and
rotations.  I've used the DISPLAY option in SPM to manually
translate and rotate each image so that their origins fit in the
AC/PC plane.  I've also used the Check Reg option to verify that
each image matches each other adequately.  However, when
realigning the images the translations are huge (20-30 mm)
because their individual origin locations (ex. [128 128 11] and
[140 160 8]) differ largely.  I can't seem to get around this
and I know that one should not proceed further if translations
exceed ~5mm.

Any suggestions?

Nathan White

=====