Thanks to Klaus and Bryn for responses, last week and today.
Been reading, re-reading and thinking. Appreciated Klaus's
willingness to clarify the three distinctions.

Also appreciated Paul's note on Chris Frayling. One of my
problems with the distinctions first issued and never
explained in that long-ago paper has been the way it has
been reified into a system without much more than the
initial thoughts. If it was floated as an heuristic mechanism
to help move the discourse forward, that explains a great
deal. I'm certainly comfortable with a fuzzy and ambiguous
idea being used as a stepping stone toward clarity.

Klaus's comments bring greater clarity to the current
discourse. I've been buried in something else for a few
days, but I'm reading out of the corner of my eye and keeping
these ideas warm on the back burner of my brain.

More as soon as I have met a pressing deadline.

Cheers to all,

Ken

--

Ken Friedman, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Leadership and Strategic Design

+47 22.98.50.00 Telephone
+47 22.98.51.11 Telefax

Home office:

+46 (46) 53.245 Telephone