Some of you might know this already, but I have just stumbled across C&G 7307.

Increasingly GEM members with curatorial or non-teaching backgrounds are keen to get a recognised teaching qualification.  City & Guilds 7307 - Stage 1 (Microteaching) is an introductory course for those involved in delivering learning as part of thier job (eg youth workers, art workers etc).  Museum education staff, museum assistants and curators would fall into this category.

It can be done as a taught course 'vailidated portfolio' over a period of time.  Your local adult ed college will be able to give further details.

If anyone has any further information on this please reply or post it on the mailbase.  I will then put something in the next GEM News.

Stephen Allen
Chair
Group for Education in Museums (GEM)
c/o Grange Museum of Community History