In reading the items about worst poems, I am reminded of what Kenneth Rexroth about some of the poems of D. H. Lawrence:  "The major poet, unlike the minor, is always writing about everything imaginable, and so, is in good form for the great poem when it comes....I suppose it is the absolutism which has swept over popular taste in the wake of Cubism which has encouraged the ignorant to expect a canzone of Dante's in each issue of their favorite little magazine, a School of Athens in every WPA mural.  This is just greediness, like children who want it to be Christmas every day.  And it produces an empty, pretentious, greedy art."  He also states, "The greatest poetry is nobly disheveled."  Would Shakespeare had blotted a 1000 lines.  Which 1000?  Sam Garren