Zoe, Len,

We'd LOVE to arrange a cheese and wine type thing for new
members to London Region, and in fact all manner of social events
where wine would flow unabated. But unfortunately, as far as I
know, we're constrained by our charity status from actually
claiming expenses for such hospitality. I may give up my time for
the LR, but my pockets aren't that deep I'm afraid. Actually, I'm
dying to know how the Irish Region get round that little problem.

But generally as a Region, point taken, maybe we haven't been
keeping in as close contact with the students as we could.
Although our Regional Councillor paid a visit to SLAIS yesterday.
And our welcome letter to new members needs a revamp. So we
promise to do better.

Lesley
LR Training/Events

Ms Lesley Price,