Dear all,

As the region's Training Rep, I have arranged a workshop on the Society's
Registration Scheme. Susan Bradshaw, the Society's Training Officer, will be
talking about how the scheme works, the relevance of CPD and the role of the
referees, and there will also be a chance for members to look at portfolios
that have been previously submitted by candidates.

The workshop will take place on the afternoon of the 19th May (more detailed
times to follow, but probably running from 1 to 4-ish), here at the Central
Library in Birmingham (in room GP6A, where the last but one regional meeting
and accounting records training seminar was held). Because of the size of
the room, and to allow everyone a chance to discuss the issues relating to
registration and CPD, numbers will be limited to around 25. This event is in
the first instance restricted to West Midlands region members, but may be
expanded to take in neighbouring areas if there is insufficient interest.

The afternoon is open to both registration candidates and their referees,
and will hopefully provide a valuable opportunity to ask questions and have
queries about the scheme answered. Those members interested in attending
should contact me at this e-mail address, or at the address below.

Best wishes,

David Bishop
West Midlands Training Rep
Birmingham City Archive